We are SO EXCITED about our big move! The Denver Mart‘s Pavilion bldg is larger than the space we’ve had at the National Western – AND, the layout is better, with one large show floor! We also have the option to move the stage into the swanky, carpeted adjoining Plaza Bldg in future years!
AND … Denver Mod is now connected to a HOTEL – The Comfort Inn Central – so get ready for some epic room parties! And there’s no need to go home! Immerse yourself in the Mod! Call 303-297-1717 or visit their website at www.comfortinn-central.com.
Modernism Week’s signature February Event is an annual celebration of midcentury modern design, architecture, art, fashion and culture. This exciting festival takes place in February in the Palm Springs area of Southern California. Modernism Week features more than 350 events including the Modernism Show & Sale, Signature Home Tours, films, lectures, Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tours, nightly parties and live music, walking and bike tours, tours of Sunnylands, fashion, classic cars, modern garden tours, a vintage travel trailer exhibition, and more.
In addition to the events in February, Modernism Week hosts the “Fall Preview” weekend in October. Partner organizations collaborate to produce a “mini-Modernism Week” to kick-off the active social and recreational season in Palm Springs.
Modernism Week is also a charitable organization, providing scholarships to local students pursuing college educations in the fields of architecture and design; as well as supporting local and state preservation organizations and neighborhood groups in their efforts to preserve modernist architecture throughout the state of California.
2020 National Symposium Chicago: Crossroads of Modern America
Chicago has been recognized as the “crossroads”, not only for its connecting of water, land, and air networks, but for its place at the intersection of architecture, culture, and technological change. The rapidity of Chicago’s growth, coupled with its prominence in producing innovations of the modern movement is an opportunity for the 2020 meeting of Docomomo/US to consider this history and its prospect for the recognition, interpretation, preservation and extension of the forms and ideas of modernism in the middle of America. The 2020 Symposium theme will be explored through guided tours and lectures, both from invited speakers as well as those to be selected from a call for presentations, to be sent this fall.
The 2020 Symposium will:
- Explore how Chicago’s growth and socioeconomic dynamics produced an innovative urban architecture
- Offer an opportunity to enjoy architecture, integrated art, and the streetscapes of Chicago from on foot and upon water.
- Celebrate iconic and well preserved structures such as Unity Temple and the Farnsworth House while considering iconic and yet endangered structures such as the Thompson Center.
- Hear from key persons associated with preservation projects and advocacy efforts that maintain and preserve modern architecture in various contexts.
- Feature tours and lectures at university complexes that feature significant mid-century architecture.